Join the Safari West Team
Employment at Safari West
We are always looking for enthusiastic and friendly faces to join our Safari West team. There are many different employment opportunities at Safari West. Examples of possible employment include, but are not limited to guest services positions in the front office or reservations clerks, safari guide drivers, animal caregivers, event planners and openings in our culinary department. Hospitality experience preferred.
For future consideration, you may submit your resume to human resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please understand we will review your resume and contact you if we have a current position to match your qualifications. We do regret that we are unable to respond to each email. Thank you in advance for your interest in employment at Safari West.
Currently Open Positions
Servers (Days and Evenings)
We are seeking immediate positions for both day and evening shift servers. Servers assist the buffet/hot line and have experience working with large groups of guests.
Candidates must be of age to pour alcohol, be experienced with cash register operation, and have the ability to learn our reservation system. Bartending experience is a plus as is knowledge of wines. The candidates must enjoy working with large groups of people and have experience in the hospitality industry with a passion for excellent customer service. Knowledge of wineries and other places to visit in Sonoma & Napa Counties is a plus for our guests. Must be able to fill in as a bartender as needed.
Servers need to be flexible and able to work weekends and holidays as needed. Must be able to lift up to 40-50 lbs., walk and stand for up to 6 hours. Please include dates worked at each position on resume. References and a background check are required.
We are seeking immediate seasonal positions for dishwashers who can also manage stock (account for incoming orders). This person must have the ability to lift 50 – 60 lbs and will stock deliveries made to the restaurant as well as wash large volumes of dishes. Previous restaurant or hospitality experience desired. Applicant must be used to working with large groups, be a dependable team player, pay attention to detail, and work efficiently with the flexibility to help servers or prep cooks as needed.
This is also a good position to use as a stepping stone for a prep-cook.
Please email your resume. If selected a background check will be required.
We look forward to hearing from you….come join us to work on the “wild side”!
Guest Attendants (Rangers)
We are seeking day and evening front office Guest Attendants (Rangers) to welcome guests and provide services to them in a friendly, efficient, and professional manner. This position provides check-in services, including driving guests to their tent cabins, luggage assistance, day and evening security of the property, and light maintenance duties such as cleaning the check in vehicles, switching circuit breakers on, etc. The “Ranger” also answers phones and helps with reservations.
A background check and a clean DMV record are required; ability to lift 50 lbs; solid computer skills, and excellent guest services skills including effective interpersonal skills, Must be able to work weekends as needed. We are in need of day and evening Rangers. The later shift is from 4pm – 12:30 am. Days and times may vary and it’s important to be flexible during our busy season.
Please submit a resume with dates worked for each position. References required.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We are currently seeking seasonal workers for our House Keeping staff.
Principle Responsibilities include:
- Ensure that public areas and guest tents are cleaned and sanitized to standards; guest tents have clean linen, bedding and towels, as well as specified amenities.
- Provide clean and comfortable surroundings for guests and employees.
- Report any needed repairs or non-working equipment to supervisor and/or Maintenance.
- Participate in any required training.
Minimum Experience, Education, Skill & Physical Requirement:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able spend the majority of the day walking, navigating stairs, twisting, bending, pushing/pulling and kneeling while cleaning.
- Hospitality experience is desired as well as a passion for excellent customer service.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment with multiple interruptions.
This is a full-time seasonal position covering our busier time of year which may wind down as Winter approaches.
A background check is required at time of hire.
We are currently seeking a Mechanic who has a minimum 3 years’ experience in this field or equivalent. This candidate needs to be versatile, flexible and have strong mechanical ability. Experience with heavy equipment, diesel, hydraulic and electrical – engine repair and good trouble shooting ability. Must be an excellent team player and may be asked to help with maintenance and other departments as well. We are looking for someone who is hard working, dependable, friendly, and has good communication skills. This position requires working weekends as scheduled.
- Please send resume with dates worked for each position.
- This candidate will need to be able to work flexible hours, including weekends when needed, and have the ability to lift 50 lbs.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is a must.
- Must pass a background check.
- Work references required.
Reservations Agents (seasonal full-time)
We are seeking full-time seasonal Reservations Agents. We are open every day of the week; 5-day work schedules may vary.
- Efficiently and effectively answer a very busy multi-line phone; direct all incoming calls to appropriate lines.
- Process reservations and accurately input data in to computer system.
- Answer guest inquiries regarding property services and rates.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Be a willing, positive contributor to the team.
- Prior experience with online reservation systems is a plus.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Must have strong customer-service skills and enjoy interacting with guests both over the phone and in person.
- Must have excellent phone etiquette and a pleasant voice.
- Solid computer skills
- Valid Driver’s License
Please note: This is a seasonal full-time position. A pre-employment background check will be required. Also, please be sure your resume includes the dates you worked at any previous positions.
We look forward to hearing from you!