Join the Safari West Team
Employment at Safari West
We are always looking for enthusiastic and friendly faces to join our Safari West team. There are many different employment opportunities at Safari West. Examples of possible employment include, but are not limited to guest services positions in the front office or reservations clerks, safari guide drivers, animal caregivers, event planners and openings in our culinary department. Hospitality experience preferred.
For future consideration, you may submit your resume to human resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please understand we will review your resume and contact you if we have a current position to match your qualifications. We do regret that we are unable to respond to each email. Thank you in advance for your interest in employment at Safari West.
Currently Open Positions
We are looking for a hard-working, customer service orientated Line Cook to join our Safari West Savannah Grill Kitchen Team! This position is a minimum of 4 days per week.
Safari West is a privately owned wildlife preserve and guest resort. We offer daily Safari Tours, overnight accommodations, BBQ buffet lunch and dinner plus special occasions.
- Minimum of 2 yrs. experience working in a professional food environment.
- Excellent face to face customer service skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of calculating food cost, portion control, food ordering and inventory.
- Dependable and available to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays, with reliable transportation. Ability to be flexible with hours is a plus.
- Must be detailed oriented and multi-task oriented and be able to work independently-with minimal direction.
- Must be able to communicate with others to convey information effectively – embracing and participating in a team environment.
- Able to correctly and safely use standard kitchen equipment: Chefs’ knives, ovens, meat and cheese slicing machines, steamers, mandolins, grills, broilers, etc. Follow all safety protocol and participate in training as appropriate.
- Personal hygiene and kitchen cleanliness a must!
- Knowledge of local health departments, OSHA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Serve Safe Certified.
Please email an updated resume with dates worked at each position and salary history.
Three professional references and a background check are required.
Safari West – Wildlife Preserve and Guest Resort, is seeking an immediate seasonal positions for dishwashers who can also manage stock (account for incoming orders). This person must have the ability to lift 50 – 60 lbs and will stock deliveries made to the restaurant as well as wash large volumes of dishes. Previous restaurant or hospitality experience desired. Applicant must be used to working with large groups, be a dependable team player, pay attention to detail, and work efficiently with the flexibility to help servers or prep cooks as needed.
This is also a good position to use as a stepping stone for a prep-cook.
Please email your resume. If selected a background check will be required.
We look forward to hearing from you…come join us to work on the “wild side”!