March 18, 2020
For the health and safety of our community, guests, animals, and staff, Safari West will be closed until further notice. While we are saddened to have to cancel activities and shut our gates, we take comfort from the fact that we are doing our part to help slow the spread of this novel coronavirus.
During this closure animal and veterinary staff will remain on-site to tend to our animals and the safety and security of our facility. In addition, our management team will be staying in close contact with our entire staff so that we can get back to our business of exploration and discovery the moment this situation has resolved.
We regret the inconvenience this pandemic and our closure will cause some of you. If you have a reservation with us, please know that we are reaching out to reschedule or refund as needed. For the moment we’re taking things on a week-by-week basis and will update with further developments. Please keep an eye on this site and our social media channels for updates.
How You Can Help Protect Yourself and Others
While COVID-19 is a novel disease, it is subject to the same control measures as the common cold or seasonal flu. The following recommendations come directly from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and more useful information can be found on their website:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
Thank You and Stay Safe
We hope all of you are staying safe and healthy and we look forward to seeing you once this situation has resolved. If you need to contact us for any reason, we can be reached at 707-579-2551. Thank you and be safe.