An Adventure in Learning!
Due to COVID 19 limitations, in-person school field trips may be restricted to certain days and will be subject to availability.
All students, teachers, and chaperones will be required to wear appropriate face coverings regardless of vaccination status.
Please fill out the following to assist us with booking your reservation. Please note, ONLY the teacher who will be attending the field trip may submit the request. All fields are required
*Important: If you are applying for our Discover Africa program, do not submit a Field Trip Request. If we find that you already have a field trip booked while your application is being reviewed, it will result in an automatic denial. Learn more about our Safari West Wildlife Foundation’s Discover Africa program.
School Treks can accommodate groups up to 120 adults and students, depending on grade.
There is a minimum guest count of 20.
Larger groups may be split into multiple dates.
Maximum Ratios of adults (including teachers) to students for ALL schools
- When arriving by bus – 1 adult to every 5 or 6 students
- When arriving by car – 1 adult to every 3 students (pre-K-2ndndgrade)
- When arriving by car – 1 adult to every 4 students (3rd-12thgrade)
- To provide field trips at an affordable rate, we simply cannot exceed or extend the above ratios under any circumstances.
- When booking please let us know if you have any students that require a one-on-one ratio.
School Field Trip Rates
- Rates are $24 per adult and $19 per student, one teacher per class is free.
- Critical – If your school group exceeds the ratio, they would no longer quality under our field trip rates and your visit will be adjusted to the group trek price of $50 per adult (including teachers) and $25 per child ages 4-12, plus a 10% gratuity.
- For schools electing to do the full 3-hour Safari Tour, there is a reduced full tour rate of $78 per adult (including teachers), $55 for students grade 9-12, and $40 for students grade k-8. For groups of 10 0r more, there is an automatic tour service charge of 10%.
- A 50% deposit for the full tour is due 2 to 4 weeks after making the reservation. If an extension on the time period is needed, please call to speak to an agent.
Availability and Confirmation
- Once you submit this application, our reservation agents will check for availability and will respond via email with the status and details of your reservation request.
- Upon approval, final confirmation and payment due will be sent via email.
- Please understand, that due to limited capacity, we may not be able to accommodate your request.
- All reservations will be subject to State and County Health Updates and Requirements.
- FINAL headcount and payment are due one week before the reservation date.
- Please provide ONLY ONE form of payment (one check or one credit card for the full payment)
If sending a check, be sure to note the booking number(s) from your confirmation in the memo to ensure prompt processing. Send payment to:
Attn: Accounting Department
3115 Porter Creek Rd.
Santa Rosa, CA 95404.
You may also pay by credit card via phone at (707) 566-3667 or (800) 616-2695
- Please notify us of a cancellation at least one week prior to your scheduled Field Trip.
- If you fail to notify us of a cancellation and No Show for your booking, you will incur a No Show fee of $150.
Day of Arrival – Enjoy your field trip!
Please arrive 15-20 minutes before the tour so you and your group can use the facilities, meet your guide, and review our wild manners and safety procedures.
- Note – if you arrive late, your tour time will be cut short.
- If arriving by bus Safari West staff will assist with parking the bus. The guide will meet your group on the bus and go over safety rules for students before disembarking
- If arriving by car Group should gather outside the office/gift shop and meet with the guide (please do not wander)
- There will be a lead guide that will be your point person during arrival. The guide will explain the rules, organize the groups, etc. Upon arrival, we ask that you please make either yourself or the head adult/teacher visible to that person to assist
- Multiple class treks may need to be split, and some classes may not be able to stay together. We ask that you are flexible as it is a safety requirement
All adults will receive a wristband.
The tour will be tuned to grade-level standards and will last approximately 90 minutes with half the tour on a vehicle and half the tour on foot.
Bringing sack lunches? We highly recommend bringing blankets or tarps, as the grass may be wet due to time, season, etc.
Restrooms are in the large, red-roofed building near the boarding area.
Visit our gift shop for amazing souvenirs from your trek! Please send no more than 10-15 students in at a time with adequate adult supervision.
Regarding the weather, please remember, our tours go out rain or shine – If the weather is rainy the tours may be a bit shorter, but you will still have a great time! It will be a challenge to enjoy lunch on the lawn during inclement weather, so please ask our guest services where the children may sit and enjoy their lunch. If the weather is too much for your group and you would prefer to reschedule, just give us a call before your date and arrival.
**IMPORTANT SAFETY GUIDELINES**
- All Students, Teachers, and Chaperones regardless of vaccination status will be required to wear appropriate face coverings.
- No running permitted
- No feeding or petting any of the animals
- Keep voices low, and listen carefully to the guides and instructions
- Keep the group together (no wandering) and be sure all adults are involved in supervising students and enforcing rules and safety requirements
- Pets are not permitted on the property-even in the parking lot (pets left in a vehicle will be required to be removed from the property before the trek)