Welcome to the Safari West Tent Camp!
Our custom designed platform tents begin with legendary safari canvas imported directly from the safari camping experts in Lobatswe, Botswana. From there we add all the classic comforts and handcrafted touches you’ve come to expect from Safari West. Each of our tents is built from the ground up to bring you as close as possible to the wilderness of Safari West while keeping you surrounded by luxury and comfort.
To maximize the coziness of your stay, please consider the following:
- Take note of the weather expected during your stay. If it’s brisk outside, close the window flaps on the inside of your tent cabin and turn your space heater up to a comfortable temperature. Turning the ceiling fan on low will help circulate the heat. Remember to turn your electric blanket on to the desired setting. If it’s warm, expect to keep windows open and the fan running. Bear in mind that the bathrooms are vented and cannot be climate-controlled.
- Please keep the bathroom door closed to retain heat as the bathrooms are vented to the outside. Closing out this draft will keep the tent warmer and much more comfortable. Keep in mind that hair dryers and other appliances can trip the breaker on the bathroom outlet. If this happens, simply depress the red RESET button on the outlet to restore the power. If necessary, locate a staff member for assistance.
- Be sure to turn on your porch light when you leave for dinner and bring along the provided flashlight to help you find your way back in the dark. If you do not have a flashlight, ask any staff member and they will get one for you.
- Once you are back in the tent for the night, check the electric blankets. They are programmed to turn off after 7 hours. If an “E” is displayed on your electric blanket control, simply unplug it for about 10 seconds, then plug the blanket back in. If the problem persists, please locate a staff member for assistance.
- Don’t forget that your tent walls are made of canvas and offer no noise protection! This means that you may be able to hear your neighbors and they may be able to hear you. Please be considerate and moderate your volume, especially in the evening.
- Please note that we do not allow the use of stereos or other loud noise devices in the tent cabins. Please respect your neighbors.
- Our wildlife can be vocal at night and you should expect to hear from species in our collection as well as some of our local friends. While these natural sounds are part of the camping experience, if you are an especially light sleeper, consider bringing ear plugs just in case. We typically have some on hand as well. Visit the front desk if you need a set.
- Our staff members are always available to assist you. The front office is typically staffed from 8:00 A.M. to 12 Midnight.
- In the event of an emergency in the middle of the night, please use the closest call box to contact our on-site staff. There is an emergency red phone located at Delilahs Snack Shop and/or the Front Office to call 911 or our on-site staff. Office telephones are available for local calls and may be used to call 911 if necessary.
Thank you for visiting Safari West! We look forward to meeting you and making your stay both fascinating and relaxing. Never hesitate to contact any staff member with questions or concerns, and enjoy!